Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When it is cold out, many people such as myself enjoy meals that warm the soul. This past Saturday I decided to make delicious Gumbo. Below is a recipe of the Gumbo that I whipped up! I tweaked the recipe by adding shrimp and poured it over rice. I also paired it with corn bread. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! God Bless!

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Difficulty: Moderate
Makes/Yield: 6
Categories: Stew, Main course, Autumn, Cajun/Creole

Ingredients
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. andouille sausage, cut into ½" pieces
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 6 canned, whole peeled tomatoes in juice, drained and crushed by hand
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 oz. okra, trimmed and cut into ½" slices
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Hot sauce and filé powder, for serving


http://a.msn.com/56/en-us/r1My3PIzKpVGUWtf84cZgV

No comments:

Post a Comment